Thursday, December 27, 2007

Perseverance-sweating it out for God.

Luke8:15"But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance."

I love this passage because it talks about scripture and the way people receive and re-use the word of God(if they do at all).

per·se·ver·ance
[pur-suh-veer-uhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perseverance)

In spite of difficulties I'm going to choose to serve God.
I'm going to continue in a steady persistent course of action.
I have a purpose.
And though I may get discouraged.
I choose God...after all didn't he choose me first?

God let me hear your word with an honest and good heart,hold tight to it and pursue you so I can persevere through the pains and heartbreaks of life. I'm on this mountain and down is not an option. Not for as far as we've come. Not for as much as you paid. This is it.

20Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21 gave, and the LORD has taken away;And he said,"Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD blessed be the name of the LORD."

9 days until I depart. This is blog is whats inside this stuffy head. Full of mystery are my days to come. So this is the countdown...look out New York cause here I come.

This is me chasing after veritas wherever it may lead me.


2 comments:

kimberley said...

Hey Cal -- it's so great that you have a blog on here now. It's a great tool, eh? I miss you dear sister and I am praying for you often. I will look for more blogs! :o) I can't wait to see what God continues to do in our lives. Wow. He is INCREDIBLE. Love you!

Mom said...

Hey my baby girl,
I am having no luck on the phone with you so I have decided to post on your blog. I think of you all the time and wonder what you are doing. We had tacos last night and I made sure we had bananas you know for you even though you are not here:( I do that a lot. I go rushing into the house to tell you something funny and you are not there. But I know in my heart of hearts that you are where you need to be. It does make it easier but I have this selfish need to see you and talk to you. I will have to save up all my fun stories. BTW please send your sister a quick note via snail mail she asks almost every day if she has anything from you. Love you,
Mom